Jumpstart Award Propels Downtown Business Jera's Heavenly Sweets
Congratulations to Jera Stewart, owner of Jera’s Heavenly Sweet LLC, on winning $10,000 from JumpStart as part of their second cohort. JumpStart works with entrepreneurs to accelerate their growth by working with them on business plans, growth forecasts and creative solutions for their desired outcomes. Located in downtown Toledo, JumpStart has a team of experts who are knowledgeable in small business operations. They host events targeted for the small business owner to help them understand and growth their venture.
As part of the second cohort, Jera was interviewed and selected as one of five small business owners. JumpStart is currently accepting applications for their third class. Eligibility criteria is:
- Entrepreneurs who live or work in northwest Ohio
- Must have met with one of their business advisors to be considered; appointments to meet with an advisor must take place by January 17, 2020
- Must attend weekly class sessions held in JumpStart’s downtown Toledo office.
Events are also hosted to help any small business owner. Upcoming events are:
- Funding Your Business – SBA Lending Options, January 8, 2020, Noon – 1:30 p.m., Main Library
- Marketing Your Company with LinkedIn’s Marketer’s Guide, January 22, 2020, 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Main Library
Jera plans on using her award to grow her business’s capacity within downtown Toledo. She dreams of offering a greater selection of baked goods with an atmosphere of sitting at your grandmother’s kitchen table. We look forward to seeing her dream become reality. You can find her on the park level of the One SeaGate Building. And, you can’t go wrong by having one of her supersized chocolate chip cookies!
Find out more about JumpStart here: https://nwo.jumpstartinc.org/